Download in minutes. Fully and easily customizable.
Your purchase includes:
> Free yearly handbook updates
> California attorney drafted
> Instructions from our attorney
> Free 90-day technical support
> Free backup USB drive mailed to you
> One-time payment
Protection Already Done for You by Licensed Attorneys
Our employee handbook and compliance documents are drafted and updated by a licensed California employment law attorney to help protect business owners from employee lawsuits and workplace disputes.
If you do business in another state, Click Here.
Click here for a California nonprofit employee handbook.
Have questions? Call us at 1-866-901-3142 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Employee Handbook is Used By all Types of Businesses, Including:
- Medical Offices
- Dental Offices
- Child Care
- Spas & Salons
- Pet Stores
- Financial .
- and more.
Why You Should Have a California Employee Handbook
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that California business owners can protect their company from liability and damages resulting from employee lawsuits by providing clear written workplace policies that cover the rights and responsibilities of their employees.
Studies show that when employees are given clear written policies, expectations, and guidelines to follow, their odds of continuing with their employer rise significantly. These same policies reduce the chance of the employee suing their employer.
California Employment Lawsuits Can Be Devastating
The past decade has seen a big increase in the number of lawsuits based on discrimination, sexual harassment, improper termination and hiring, and poorly drafted employee handbooks.
Employee lawsuits are a major burden to California employers. California has seen a big increase in the number of lawsuits based on discrimination, improper termination, hiring, and poorly drafted employee handbooks. Over 50% of business owners have been sued by an employee.
More than 50% of California business owners have been sued at least once by an employee or former employee. Damages awarded against them in employment lawsuits range from $300,000 to over a million dollars. Just the cost of defending against a lawsuit could range from $75,000 to $300,000.
Here Are the Attorney-Drafted Documents That Are Included When You Buy Our California Employee Handbook and Compliance Package.
1. California Employee handbook
2. Employment application (English and Spanish)
3. Offer of employment letter
4. Questions you should not ask applicants during interviews
5. Employee arbitration agreement (English and Spanish)
6. Employee termination package **
** Our California termination package listed above includes:
• Employee termination checklist for employers
• Severance agreement (employee termination agreement)
• Notice of change in employment status
• Employee exit interview questions
• Employee authorization to release information
• Attorney-drafted instructions for terminating an employee
California businesses are required by law to provide certain notices to all newly hired employees and to employees who are being terminated.
7. Wage theft protection act notice
8. California notice of change in employment status
9. California credit and background check notice
California business owners are also required by law to post specific posters and provide notices in their workplace. Our employee handbook package contains information where you can download all required posters and notifications free of charge. Some of these free posters and notices include:
• Paid family medical leave act notice
• Unemployment insurance pamphlet
• Pregnancy disability leave notice
• Sexual harassment notice
• Disability insurance notice
• Discrimination & harassment notice
• Minimum wage poster
• Payday notice
• Safety & health protection on the job
• Access to medical & exposure records
• Employee polygraph protection act
• Equal employment opportunity
• Operating rules for industrial trucks
• Notice to employees-injuries caused by work
• Whistle-blower protections
Some topics covered in our California employee handbook include:
- Attire Requirements
- Communication Policy
- Continuation of Medical Benefits
- Dress Code
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Employment Classification
- Equal Opportunity
- Exit Interview
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Health and Life Insurance
- Hourly Paid Employees/Overtime
- Immigration Law Compliance
- Jury Duty
- Layoff and Recall
- Lunch Periods
- Military Service
- Performance Reviews
- Personal Time Off
- Provisionary Periods
- Retirement Plans
- Safety and Accident Rules
- Salary-paid Employees
- Separation from Employment
- Sexual Harassment
- Sick Leave
- Substance Abuse
- Time Off
- Use of Company Computers
- Use of Company Property
- Workman’s Compensation
- Maternity Leave
For a complete list of topics, see the sample handbook below:
Preview A Sample Below:
Click here to see the first 22 pages of our California employee handbook
(this link will open in a new window).
Why Buy Our California Employee Handbook Package?
• Drafted by a California law firm for California and Federal law.
• Free handbook updates and information from our attorneys.
• We include other documents to help you comply with California law.
• Contains specific policies for both hourly and salaried employees.
• Our handbook is used by other California firms so it gets further review.
• Fully customizable and easy to edit with Microsoft Word or Open Office.
• Our handbook can be used by almost any business.
• Can be used by businesses with only one employee or hundreds of employees.
Our attorney-drafted California employee handbook is used by all types of California businesses, including:
Restaurants, manufacturing, retail, medical and dental offices, child and daycare, pharmacy, construction, bars, nightclubs, security companies, salons, spas, casinos, trucking, healthcare, financial companies and more.
California has the most complex employment laws in the country. Using anyone other than an experienced California attorney could put your business at risk.
Our California employee handbook package is available in English and Spanish.
How To Order
You can purchase our California employee handbook and download it immediately (or have it mailed to you on USB). However, before you do, you may want to consider our business protection document package. Click Here for details.